1 & 1/2 cups flour (all purpose or cake)
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp white vinegar
Few drops of red food colouring (I use gel red food colouring)
1. In a large bowl add sugar , oil and mix . Add vanilla then mix in one egg at a time .
2. Add buttermilk and vinegar then gently mix.
3 . Sift in flour, cocoa powder, , bicarbonate of soda. Mix just to combine .
4. Add red food colouring then mix gently.
5. Pour the batter (mixture) into a prepared loaf tin .
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes or until well baked.
1/2 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup whipping or heavy cream (very cold)
1/4 cup sifted icing sugar
Add all the three ingredients in a large bowl . Mix using an electric mixture until you get a thick and smooth consistency.