INGREDIENTS FOR THE APPLE BREAD:
° 1/3 cup brown sugar
° 1 C. cinnamon
° 2/3 cup of sugar
° ½ cup butter at room temperature
° 2 eggs
° 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
° 1 ½ cup flour
° 1 C. baking powder
° ½ cup of milk
° 2 large apples (or three small), peeled and cut into small pieces
*INGREDIENTS FOR THE SWEET COULIS:
° ½ cup powdered sugar
° 2 tbsp. tablespoon milk or cream
EASY RECIPE PREPARATION: APPLE BREAD
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a bread pan and place parchment paper to cover two sides and the bottom. This way the bread will unmold more easily.
2) In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon. To book.
3) In a large bowl, with the electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again.
4) Add flour and baking powder and mix well. Pour in the milk and beat until smooth.
5) Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan, add half of the apple pieces and sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat to make the second layer. Whirl the blade of a knife through the apples and brown sugar to mix them together a little.
6) Bake for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For my part, I had to put the apple bread back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Then leave to cool and unmold.
7) Mix the two coulis ingredients with a fork and pour it over the still warm bread.