+For the shortcrust pastry:
°200g T65 flour
°5 cl of cold water
°1 pinch of salt
+For the lemon filling:
°25g cornstarch (cornflour type)
°2 large whole eggs + 3 yolks
°20 cl lemon juice (4 lemons)
°zest of 1/2 untreated organic lemon
+For the meringue:
°3 egg whites
°150g icing sugar
FOR LEMON MERINGUE PIE
Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
And here are the different steps to prepare my favorite lemon meringue pie:
For the dough
1. Put the flour, salt and butter into small pieces in a bowl. Crumble with your fingertips. Pour the water. Knead lightly so that the dough is homogeneous and form a ball.
2. Let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge before using it, then roll it out, press it into a mold and prick the bottom with a fork.
3. Bake it blind for 15 to 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
4. Dissolve the cornstarch in 5 cl of water. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the yolks and the sugar. Stir in lemon juice, zest and cornstarch.
5. Pour this mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the cream thickens. Add the butter off the heat.
6. Spread the cream over the cooled pie crust.
For the meringue
7. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Add the sugar little by little.
8. Using a piping bag, spread the meringue over the pie and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C to obtain a soft meringue.