Certainly! Here’s a classic old-fashioned pancake recipe for you:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and white sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk and melted butter or vegetable oil. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the well. Stir gently until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. You can lightly grease the surface with butter or cooking spray if desired.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet and keep them warm. You can place them on a plate in a slightly warmed oven (set to low heat) or cover them with a clean kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the skillet as needed.
- Serve the old-fashioned pancakes warm with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream, or butter.
Enjoy your homemade old-fashioned pancakes! They’re perfect for a cozy breakfast or brunch.