Here’s a recipe for crockpot lasagna:
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or Italian sausage over medium heat until browned. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet and transfer the meat mixture to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce mixture on the bottom of the crockpot to prevent the lasagna from sticking.
- Break the lasagna noodles into smaller pieces to fit into the crockpot. Layer a portion of the broken noodles over the sauce.
- Spoon a layer of the cooked meat mixture over the noodles, followed by dollops of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours, or until the noodles are tender.
- Once the lasagna is cooked, let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Note: If you prefer a vegetarian version, you can omit the ground beef or Italian sausage and replace it with vegetables like sliced mushrooms, zucchini, or bell peppers.
Enjoy your delicious crockpot lasagna