– 3 eggs
– 250 g of mascarpone cheese
– 100 g of sugar
– 200 ml of whipping cream (cream)
– Zest of 2 lemons
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 200 ml of strong coffee
– 2 tablespoons lemon liqueur (limoncello) optional
– Ladyfingers biscuits
– Cocoa powder to sprinkle
– Thin slices of lemon to decorate
1. In a bowl, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is creamy and pale.
2. Add the mascarpone cheese and lemon zest to the mixture of yolks and sugar. Mix until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
3. In another bowl, beat the whipping cream (cream) until it forms soft peaks.
4. With soft and enveloping movements, incorporate the whipped cream into the mixture of mascarpone and yolks.
5. Add the lemon juice and lemon liqueur (if you are using it) to the mixture. Mix well.
6. In a deep plate, mix the strong coffee with a little lemon zest.
7. Lightly dip the ladyfingers into the brewed coffee and place in the bottom of a serving bowl.
8. Pour a layer of the mascarpone mixture over the cakes.
9. Repeat the process, alternating layers of sponge cakes and layers of the mascarpone mixture, until you run out of ingredients. Finish with a layer of the mascarpone mixture on top.
10. Refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
11. Before serving, sprinkle cocoa powder over the top layer and garnish with thin lemon wedges.