• 250 grams of all-purpose wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon Royal yeast
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 350 grams of white sugar
• 250 ml sunflower oil
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 large or 4-5 small carrots, grated
• 75 grams of grated coconut
• 100 grams of chopped walnuts
• 1 can of pineapple in syrup, drained and crushed
• 1 package of Philadelphia cheese
• 50 grams butter, softened
• 250 grams of powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC with heat from above and below. We spread butter and flour a 22 x 33-centimeter mold.
To make the cake:
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, yeast, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. We make a well in the center and inside we add the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the grated carrots, coconut, chopped walnuts and crushed pineapple and stir everything again so that it is completely integrated.
4. We pour the mixture into the mold that we previously prepared and place it in the hot oven for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean.
5. We will see that the center sinks a little, but it doesn’t matter, it is normal. We take out the cake and let it cool on a rack for a few minutes. Then we unmold it and wait for it to cool. While we wait, we can make the glaze.
To make the glaze:
6. Beat the cream cheese with the butter with a whisk until smooth. Add the sugar and beat again until it has a creamy consistency.
7. When the cake is cold (we can put it in the refrigerator for a while to speed up the process) we spread the glaze on top and smooth it out.