- 2 pounds lean sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes, quartered or halved to your liking
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (alternatively, a mix of dried oregano, thyme, and parsley)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How To Make Garlic Steak & Potato Foil Packets
If you’re planning to bake these delectable foil packets in the oven, preheat it to 425°F (220°C) to ensure even cooking.
Mix & Marinate: In a generously-sized mixing bowl, combine the lean sirloin steak chunks, baby yellow potatoes, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, olive oil, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Gently toss the ingredients until they are well-coated with the flavorful seasonings.
Packet Prep: Divide the steak and potato mixture evenly among four 12×12 inch aluminum foil sheets. Carefully seal the contents to create neat and secure foil packets. This ensures that the flavors are trapped inside and intensify during the cooking process.
- Grilling: If you’re using a grill, place the foil packets over high heat for approximately 10 minutes on each side. Keep a close watch to achieve your preferred level of doneness for both the steak and potatoes.
- Oven: If you’re opting for baking, position the foil packets on a baking sheet and place them in the preheated oven. Allow them to bake for about 20 minutes or until the steak and potatoes reach the desired level of tenderness.
Serve with Style: Once your foil packets are cooked to perfection, carefully open them (watch out for the steam!). For an extra zesty touch, garnish with fresh parsley. You can serve the dish directly from the foil or plate it up for a visually appealing presentation.