Certainly! Here’s a classic recipe for Hershey’ Cocoa Fudge:
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts (e.g., walnuts, pecans)
- Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan with butter or line it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix them together until well combined.
- Stir in the milk and place the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the butter to the saucepan and stir continuously until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- If desired, add the chopped nuts to the mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Let the fudge cool at room temperature until it reaches room temperature.
- Once cooled, place the baking pan in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until the fudge is firm.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and cut it into squares.
- Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe makes approximately 36 pieces of fudge, depending on the size of the squares you cut. Feel free to adjust the recipe quantities based on your desired yield.